Monday, June 1, 2009

MY call, not yours (II)

We were sitting in front of each other (an unfortunate table seating arrangement) and the discussion was being overheard by others. Their faces wondering where this will lead and I was neither planning on being gentle and tactful too long. Someone already warned me about your airheaded & closemindedness and they said how that seemed to be your agenda every time---to show-off on how flawless your choices are. Sorry to disappoint but you barked at the wrong tree and I'm so not impress rather feeling pity for your innocence at the age of 44 so I educated you more about life OUT of the book.

You're surprised that the Philippines is a 3rd world country but you cannot accept that a 3rd worlder like me, has a vivid description and experience of certain places you'd want to live in. You haven't been to the Philippines?---I stand corrected, you have not been to ANY third world country at all. You wanted me to either be wowed or silenced when you uttered those words but your lack of knowledge and actuality are far more pathetic than enviable. My disinterest confused you so you had to continue with another topic of which again was a wrong choice. Religion.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by convincing myself that maybe you mean well and it's not to criticize but what was I thinking? You spoke with a more holy tone this time. (that usually happens to people when they talk about religion--the feeling righteous ones.) What belief do you practice at home? None officially, but my kids know about God. You mean you don't go to church? No. Are you Catholic? Yes. Was. What do you mean, was? I was baptized one but my mom became a born again Christian so we eventually followed by choice. Oh, I'm Christian too. What about your husband? He was baptized a Protestant I think but he believes in Evolution now. Huh? so how does that work? Aren't the kids confused? No. Why should they? The kids don't have to choose sides. But how can they become better people if they're not Christians? It was time to end the tutorial, I raised my brows and flatly said, No offense but I know people who are regular church goers, bible holders, choir singers and cry their hearts out but trust me, they're NOT better people for being so. Some are mistresses, scandalmongers, backstabbers and the likes...they're just using the church or religion to feel cleaner, ask forgiveness for their 'justified' human weakness, and do things that they lack better judgment of. You saw some agree with me for there was truth on my last statements and you didn't push it more and you gracefully said, well hopefully you can visit ours one day. Maybe, who knows?

We both know that's not likely to happen though.

4 comments:

marie said...

Hi Atice! It's been a while since I last dropped by. I came by to check for updates, siempre naman dapat wala akong ma miss dito.I'm glad everything and everyone seems fine.

justice said...

hi ate marie, salamat. we're fine naman besides the little scenarios caused by never mind haha

Francesca said...

i àlwàys very càreful of nosing people's privàte lives;

your listener is à pàin in hte neck.

SHE SHOULD NOT àsk TOO M0NY QUESTIONS

If she does to me, I will tell her off, subtly like you do, but àsking her first:

why do you àsk, would you like to know? DO YOU?

justice said...

Francesa, malamang nabara mo yon haha