Monday, June 15, 2009

Keanu-Nanu Time

The afternoon was long and it was time to go home. Keanu and I passed-by the petshop to buy dogfood then we hailed a cab. Keanu was tired and put his head on my lap.

Keanu: Mommy, what did we have for lunch again?
Me: Chicken rice. Why? Are you hungry now?
Keanu: No. I'm just thinking.
Me: What are you thinking my love?
Keanu: Why you smell like fish?
Me: Huh?! What do you mean?
Keanu: Your feet smells like fish, Mommy. When I lay my head on your lap, I smell it.
(at this point, I noticed the cab driver looking at me)
Me: thought in bubble: Que horror! My feet don't stink and quickly, I needed to find what it was.
Seconds later, I realized the dogfood I bought was not Eukanuba or Science Diet but THIS and was proving true to its name.

---------------------------------------------------------

I was at the grocery with the little ones and after prowling the place and gathering stuff, I summoned the wolf cubs to stay near as I paid.

tink. tink. tink the scanner went then:

Keanu: Mommy, is it expensive?
Me: I don't know yet but we'll know soon. Why?
Keanu: Do you have enough money?
Me: Yeah, don't worry.
Keanu: Because we don't have to buy so much. Only what we need right?
Cashier glances at him and smiles.
Me: Yeah, Mommy tries to buy what we need so we don't waste food.
Keanu: (in the mood to be teacher continued with)--Because wasting food is not right.
Me: Yes, my love. Good that you know that.
silence...
I paid with the debit card and as we were waiting for the receipt, Keanu said:
Keanu: Mom, you're smart.
Me: Surprised what smart thing I did for once---I asked Why?
Keanu: Because you used the card to pay so that means, you don't lose money. Right?
Me and the cashier laughed and I had to explain.
Me: No Keanu, I still lose money because the card I have is only allowing me to use the money I have. If it's empty then I can't buy with it.
Keanu: Oh...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahah Cute! Keanu: mommy, why you smell like fish? Mommy: oopps, you found the patis! kaya kumare, next time wag na ikaw baon patis ha? hahaha jk.

re card, ganyan din mga chikiting ko dati. they thought na basta ipapasok ko lang sa ATM ang card eh may pera na lalabas like magic. lol

toni said...

Ang cute cute naman! And that fish story was hilarious. Hahaha! Kakaloka!

tin said...

smart and funny talaga ni keanu! kaka-miss! :)

justice said...

kumare, sobrang addict ko sa patis eh nangangamoy pati na ako hehe

justice said...

toni, this guy always has something in the pocket :-)

justice said...

oo kaya madalas yare ako sa mga hirit haha