Monday, June 1, 2009

OUR call, not yours (I)

Leave me alone and I'll let you be, but don't try to convince me with your ways of which I don't agree. Your views are different than mine but that doesn't make you right and me wrong. I really have no willingness to endure in silence and let you get away with it. If I choose to smile, not react and be diplomatic, then STOP, I'm hoping you're not that stupid. But if you still don't get that and you continue to probe, I'm happy to indulge in a discussion where I will let my, what you'd call, different perhaps stubborn frame of mind be known. It's not meant to be liked or disliked. Just another proof that we're different.

You asked me about my kids. Where do they study? In an Int'l School. Why there and not the local schools here? Because I'd like them to continue from where they started. But what about the younger one, he could've continued with a local school since he was in a local kindergarten right? I wasn't sure why you're so concerned with MY 5 year old since you have yours to be busy with but anyway. True, but we'd like him to learn German and not be too stressed with learning yet---the schools here demand a bit too much from the kids, eventually becoming stressful for children and parents. Of course, kids can handle it, but since we have a choice and can still afford it, then why stress us all if it's possible to be not. But your kids will be behind you know? I knew what you meant but it was nice to drag it longer. What do you mean? Kids in local schools, while in kindergarten can already read and do simple math but the Int'l schools, they do no learning at all. A definite statement that was so true in your little perfect bubble. Hmm, if you meant reading and solving math problems, no, not yet but they're learning in other ways. If they don't do school work and just go to play, then what do they learn? I gave a long sigh then continued to educate you. Well, camaraderie, sportsmanship, and watching a seed become a plant---you don't consider them learning?

pause...the birthday cake arrived

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I say, EQ is just as important, if not more, than IQ. I'd rather be street smart than book smart, beybi.

nawindang ako sa tyaga mong mag-educate kumare. kung ako yan eh, isa lang ang dialogue ko..."PAKI MO? SCRATCH YOUR OWN GALIS!"

by the way, sinetch ba itech????

justice said...

kumare, top of the iceberg pa lang itong katontahang usapan na 'to.

true, pwede ko ng ignorin pero as di ako makapayag na forever siyang ganon at magkikita pa kami dahil sa mga oka-okasyon.

sino? actually ito'y isang gapo (taga islang ito) pero di naman siya nalalayo sa ibang tao sa paligid-ligid ng bahay kubo.

tin said...

some people are just too vocal for their own good.. thankfully, i don't meet a lot of people like that in my life..

ang wrinkles ha.. :)

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

parang kilala ko, hehe naki sawsaw pa ^_^

justice said...

tin, i try to avoid these types but it was probably time for her to realize that not everyone will simply agree with her.

justice said...

Girlie, applicable naman ito to a person na gaya nitong nakausap ko but you are fortunate not to have met her ;-)