Having a job nowadays is a treasure for many people and I'm thankful for having one that understands the demands of being a parent and pays nicely without draining my being.
However, sometimes it comes to me that I want to quit; a thought that's very strong specially during my children's school breaks. Of course we go somewhere for a 2-week beach vacation but the guilt of not having 24 hours with them sinks in mostly when I remember the time I had FOR them when we were in Germany---even our dear dog, Jake had my full attention back then.
Again, that was then. Our helper has taken over the house maintenance and has given me the freedom to do something else for myself. I'm in the present and this is where and what I should live in (for now); not the past that I also have had the chance to enjoy. I have to think differently. That I'm not really losing my time with the family, it's just that I have something in the past to compare it with hence this feeling.
Making the best of every time we're together is key and that is what I should ponder on more.
No comments:
Post a Comment