Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nesting

After years of traveling and living in 3 continents, renting and moving from one residence to another is getting tiresome. Add to that the ever increasing rental prices in the island state where we are now; thoughts of "should haves" do drift along whenever such topic comes up but I can't dwell on that can I?---and it's not too late.

Now, after my little thought adventure of accomplishing something, 'A' kinda read my mind and out of nowhere, the interest to do so seem to be a bubble thought. Calling for some form of sacrifice didn't seem to bother him.

I for one declared that I don't want to stay here forever but even if we don't plan to, it doesn't mean I'm willing to throw away what we can save while still here. The fact that this is our residence now and no one knows where we will be in the next 3-5-7 years; gotta be smarter. Something age makes a person in time obviously.

I'd rather rent a smaller, simpler place for 2 years, save money and then purchase a home here or somewhere and pay for something that's becoming OURS.

No comments: