Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Me on being 12.

Our marriage is a dozen year old and I couldn't be more impressed at what those years made of us---of ME. The happy times to treasure and the challenging ones that made ME the woman I am now. Most of us know that marriage can be blissful yet can be the most difficult relationship because it's a continuous evolution of two individuals. Similar yet different in various ways.

Without doubt, I am not the same woman he met years back. I neither accept nor live by the phrase, "where's that woman I married?" and vice versa because that person has surely matured physically, emotionally, mentally AND hormonally. Of course we try and keep the good qualities that our partners fell in love with in the first place but come on, I'd probably be bored with myself had I stayed the person I am a decade ago. Insecure. Weak. Dependent.

That was then...I hope I improved a bit ;-) Besides, only a dead butterfly rots in their cocoon right?

So I'm glad to be where I am now. Grateful for the smooth and rough journeys of the past years that showed me what I'm capable of facing and blessed to be in my sturdy shoes.

6 comments:

marie said...

Well said!!! Wishing you more and more blissful years to come.

Anonymous said...

thanks ate marie!

tin said...

congratulations, justice!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

you are one strong woman!

Anonymous said...

thanks tin!

Anonymous said...

girlie, life is a strict teacher but always the best haha