Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Heart's Day

It's the last day of this long Chinese New Year weekend and I have to say it's probably one of the days I really enjoy being here---IT'S empty! Feels like 50% of the population has left and I could see it in the streets. Trust me, it's wonderful when most of them are NOT around.

On the morning of heart's day, we decided to have a biking tour with the kids and thankfully (due to the CNY) I didn't have to be on super guard mode for traffic. The cars had enough space to not squeeze the bikers to be on the canals and you don't have to play chicken with them in the zebra crossings! We biked for 2 hours and Keanu did a great job catching-up with us with his very basic bike. Though we tried to choose the roads with the least uphill direction, we can't really avoid it but he really worked those leg muscles! Alyanna was on her imaginary horse Trekker, aka Bike brand Trek, and that sure was her motivation to keep on going. Me? well, I huffed, puffed and panted but I made it to the top every time.

In the evening, A and I went out for dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day---well, we eat out for non-themed days anyway but given the extra ooomph most restaurants do for the occasion, why not? We went to the The Lighthouse and had their 5-course valentine menu which was delicious---enough for me to eat DEER meat. With its cozy ambiance and waterfront skyline, it was a charming idea.

I gave A a simple present for the occasion's corny romanticism *blush-blush* and he gave me mine which I could've opened next week for our big day but my impatience got the best of me of course.

2 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

happy anniversary -> the big day!

justice said...

thank you girlie!