Being the eldest of 6 children, I'm accustomed to celebrating birthday parties. I grew-up seeing my mom prepare food as if the whole neighborhood's invited, organize games for at least 30 kids, pack loot bags like it's Christmas and redecorate the garage and garden like there's a fiesta. Regardless if she had to do it alone or with helpers, it was the norm. That said, I should be a pro by now with birthday bashes (specially if there are less than 20 kids around).
Yeah right...
Though Germany kept those abilities in check for some years, after moving to this island, the curse of dependence slowly over powered those skills I grew up with. The last time I prepared food and did some entertaining on my own was on 2007---Keanu's swimming party. Then last year, I succumbed to comfort and opted for one of the gazillion party packages offered. Am I ageing too fast to be that unenergetic to entertain 5 year olds?!
No comments:
Post a Comment