After years and years of birthday parties and the usual gatherings, this year's 38th was celebrated differently. We had a beautiful weekend in Hong Kong and Macau where we met with my sister Jurist and my BIL Art for a just adults getaway-cum-birthday blowout.
Upon arriving HK around noon, we headed to Causeway Bay and decided to have a bite at California Pizza Kitchen in the frustration that we didn't know a better place and we were starved. My fear of flying activates my tummy acids which efficiently digests airplane food. So...
I was content with the birthday trip gift and wasn't expecting for more but I found A's offer to pay patronage to the Esprit, Mango and Zara shops hard to decline so I happily obliged for the "necessities".
I rarely buy branded stuff that aren't having the red tag on it coz fashion changes too fast nowadays---but that day, I told myself I should indulge. I challenged myself by NOT looking at the prices, however, my frugal and practical side over-powered me and I found myself in their SALE sections. Whew!
For dinner, I was craving for steak so my sister booked a place HERE and it was so worth it! The next day, we were off to Macau with the hopes that birthday luck would surround me in the casinos ;-) Before all the gambling and touring, we tried out the Portuguese restaurant Art's Dad recommended and we were wise to have done so. Food was excellent!
Tummies and wallets still full, we headed to Sands Casino. Soon as we entered, the feel of Vegas was immediately obvious given the gigantic chandelier in the middle of the place and the exagerrated blinking lights and gold tinted railings. We warmed-up there for an hour before heading to The Venetian Macau-Resort Hotel. I was transported to Europe in a blink of an eye. Seeing Plaza San Marco and it's skies was a sight! They had gondolas with singing gondoliers (just like in real Venice!)
We didn't really have lady luck with us but I brought in some cash back so playing wasn't all in vain :-) Dinner was at a Filipino owned Italian restaurant back in HK and before midnight struck, we had a nice drink at the MO bar at The Landmark, Mandarin Oriental. A good close to a day but a nice beginning to another year.
These are all nice things to thank for but most of all, I'm thankful for the immaterial blessings...Thank YOU.
3 comments:
haven't been to Macau, hopefully soon!
some parts of the city are old and parang deserted but i guess the latter is due to the people being in casinos haha
the venetian is nice and when you do go there--ate marie will be great company haha --and if possible, ako din sama :-)
sarap ng birthday celeb! fun, fun, fun!
Post a Comment