Thursday, April 9, 2009

Loves of our Lives



Following the tradition of having a 'kid' in every country we go to, we've added an Australian in our family. Meet Jessie. Our 4 1/2 month old golden retriever. We fell inlove with her on March 1. The kids have been asking to have another 'sibling' for Jake for years but I'm not an impulsive mother in that way. I consider age gaps quite seriously (based on experience) and everyone's readiness for another baby at home. I want to make sure most especially, that our dearest Jake won't feel jealous and out of place---and everyone should understand that. 

In my book, only a handful are more important than him. 

Anyway, it's been more than a month since her arrival and routines are in place. There are little wee-wee accidents and nibbled furnitures every now and then but that's part of it. She is slowly learning from Jake's attitude and not slobbering the whole time---I personally find it degrading when a dog incessantly licks just almost everyone for attention. 

Jake, being the kind-hearted one that he is, has surprisingly been patient and understanding of Jessie's naughty nature. He doesn't mind when she bumps him off as he drinks or snatches his toy or when she tries to lick off the food from his mouth. He even lets her 'walk him'!

So, 3 kids, 2 dogs, a turtle and a hamster...next please?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

justice!
thanks for the visit! jessie is cute...actually i think he is just living up to the tradition of everubody being cute in your family, di ba? hahaha sipsip ba? its been a while since i last blogged...i guess im trying the waters now, to test if im ready for a full comeback.
best of everything to you and to the new addition!
happy easter!

Anonymous said...

ay ulit ng comment..hehehe dami palang maling spelling! anyway, pasensiya na na excite ako masyado eh! hope all is well...ingat!

annabanana

Anonymous said...

hey anna, now that i know where to find you--will be dropping by hehe

jessie's a girl. (jake wants to be the only 'man' of the house hehe)

happy easter too!

Unknown said...

awww cute! congrats on the new addition to the family. matagal na akong hinaharana ng aking mag-aama about getting a dog...pero nagmamatigas pa rin akish. kailan kaya ako bibigay??? hehehe

happy easter kumare!!! kisses to my inaanak! dami ko na utang talaga!!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

Jake is soooo sweet!

justice said...

kumare, tagal ko ding 'villain' to their eyes at pulos no, No, NO ang sagot ko pagdating sa having another doggie.

alam ko, when the day comes na pumayag ka eh dapat panindigan ng lahat (specially nung mga humingi) ang pagiging 'may-ari' hehe

justice said...

girlie, he is the BEST. sobrang love ko sa kanya--i can't even imagine life without him! ITO eh talagang HINDI kayang palitan ;-)

cpsanti said...

love love large dogs, those look adorable ;-)

justice said...

oh and they are :-)

Francesca said...

pusa na kasunod nyan.
Or di kaya baby tiger, hala ka, haha.

I beleive that people who love animals are far compassionate than those who do not have.

Sweet kaya mga retrievers.Same as Labrador. Mind you si doggie ni madame ko, Pomeranian, sweet din, fed ko lagi ng spaghettti. Hindi alam ng madame, haha

Francesca said...

"far more compassionate", me kulang sa typing, sus!

Sofie said...

Hello justice,

Wow, another addition to the family! One thing that I don't have the nerve is to have some dogs and cats at home. I like them but cannot take inhaling the hair. I don't have any allergy as I see it, but sometimes I really have problems with the cats' and dogs' hair. But sometimes I thought about having a puppy or a cat too. Sometimes... :)

Anyway, have a great week!

justice said...

chesca, yes WE are in 'certain' circumstances of our lives hehe

malamang kabayo para sa dalaginding ko--buti't wala kaming pwesto at kung nagkataon eh patay!

himayin mo yung spaghetti at baka mabilaukan si pomi

justice said...

sofie, it's good that you don't get one on impulse even when the 'sometimes' feeling get to you. once you get them kasi, though you can always give them away when it doesn't work out, it's going to be more of a false hope for them din.

good for you that you like them from a distance til you're ready :-)

Toni said...

What's next? A kickass aquarium!!! :P If I had all the patience in the world and mucho space at home, I'd have a beautiful aquarium. It's so calming kasi!

justice said...

Toni, we do have a so-called terrarium for Paul, the turtle haha