Friday, March 27, 2009

Whatchamacallit

The problem with working with nice people?---You care for and don’t like to abuse them. Every leave or absence that has never been questioned makes it difficult to ask for the next one. Exactly what happened a week ago: My supposedly short trip with the fam to Phuket has just been extended. My boss found out I was shortening my stay just to be back at work and voila! He told me I can take the full break the fam has.        Ok, it has been agreed since the beginning that I either work 4 long days or 5 short days and I can take offs anytime (without pay) so I really shouldn’t feel bad right?  oh, but I do!  A case of unnecessary guilt I guess.

Thing is, I know how the office works and we are given roles to play. My colleague being the BIIIG numbers cruncher can’t really be bothered by the mere zeros on my files so I run more the admin and she, the finance. A bit of minimal crunching on my side when it gets hectic.  The big guy has also for the past months regarded me as his right hand correspondent which has since changed my role.  Sometimes I wonder what exactly my job title is but what the heck, what matters is I'm happy and have more freedom.

Hmmm, it's like at home: cook, plumber, security guard etc etc...job title?    

Hero.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha, naku kumare ganyan din ako. guilty, as in very guilty ako kapag nag call-in sick ako kahit pa hilahod na ako sa sakit. mas mabuti na yan, kesa naman kagaya ng iba na masyadong abusado, hindi ba?

musta ang bakasyon? pictures ha?

justice said...

kumare, oo mabuti na ngang ganon.

aalis pa lang kami bukas (apr 3)--hamo't cha-charge kong mabuti ang mga baterya para makarami.

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

maganda yan all around at least experienced na in all aspects

justice said...

being jill of all trades is an advantage :-)

Sofie said...

Hello justice,

So how was your family vacation in Phuket? Did you find Phuket Laguna great?

Anyway, job title is irrelevant as long as you have a nice working environment, right? :)

justice said...

Phuket was great. I'm yet to post my stories to share. Laguna Beach Resort was nice. Love the Thai people talaga--super friendly.

I've way forgotten the so-called ego of job title since I lived in Germany. My all around position at home was an eye opener haha Specially nowadays...it's the pay that counts.