Sunday, February 3, 2008

Good Job Nanu!

Almost a year of listening to screaming children when fillings are done, I wasn't sure how my little one would fare. This is a second visit following his regular check and at 4 years old, he needed two done!

I couldn't believe it when our dentist told me that he had small holes on his teeth. A bit frustrating knowing I was strict when it came to their sweets intake and how thoroughly I brushed his teeth.

Anyway, to prepare him for the big day, I agreed with him on two different ways to show us if it's bearable or unbearable pain. They had to numb his gums a bit using a syringe, so that agreement was necessary.

As he entered the room, he confidently greeted the dentist and sat on the chair. He then gave me uneasy glances so I held his hand and said the usual mommy line ---"every thing's going to be just fine."

The dentist was really nice and easy with him. The casual and continuous talk keeps both the patient (AND) mother at ease. Yeah, I was hiding my nervousness so my son won't chicken out.---half an hour later, he was done. We were all proud of how brave and calm he acted despite his surely pounding little heart. He admitted he was scared but he knows that not covering the holes of his teeth will be more painful.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...kudos to keanu for being such a brave kid! i don't think na kasing-kalmado niya ako kung ako yun...hehe takot ako sa syringe eh.

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

*giving Nanu a hug* good boy! you made Mommy proud!

Anonymous said...

des, sinabi mo! there was a time i was even held by mom and the assistant---my gosh---brutality haha

girlie, yups, i was.

marie said...

ang tapang ni Nanu! ang galing:)

Unknown said...

what a brave little guy! Nung maliit ako eh natatandaan ko pa na nagpapapalag ako sa kandungan ng mommy (kaya nakukurot) lol. Tapos isang beses naman nandun na kami sa dental opis tapos tumakas ako, as in. parang myembo ng salisi gang hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

ate marie, mana sa sa...wag na nga lang haha

kumare, palos haha

heartcaptures said...

keanu's one brave boy! please hug him for me! :)

karampot said...

nako day! Si Aidan full narcose ang drama sa dami nang butas at bungi pero ang ganda na nang ngiti nya ngayon. Tuwang-tuwa nga ako hanggang natanggap ko ang bill na 1,500 EUR. TANG..A!

Anonymous said...

christine, done :)

karampot, susmaria! bungi na, bankrupt pa haha buti't---miss you!