The new year has begun and the Xmas presents have been given but Alyanna's biggest wish is yet to be fulfilled---"A day at Rider's Lodge, Malaysia with her favorite horses, Springer and Princess Aurora.
Since our first visit there on August 2007, no month has passed that she never mentioned going back there. It's a good 1.5 hours drive from Singapore and getting there isn't difficult at all. You can hire a 6-seater van to pick you up from home for S$200 (round trip) or you can take the Express train.
I opted to hire a van like last time. My friend Simone and her daughter joined us so we shared the transportation and day room costs which turned out very reasonable. We were picked-up at 9am and by 9:40, we were already at the border of Malaysia. Immigration checks were done and after another hour of smooth driving, we were at the lodge. The kids were ecstatic as they saw the stables! We were then warmly welcomed by the Filipino staff and even our helper commented, "Ma'am I feel like in a province of the Philippines here"----honestly, I did too.
We all visited the horses and gave gentle touches and cuddling to those who wanted it. I gave extra hugs AND kisses to Impian (the horse I learned with on August) and the beautiful Golden Crown---such gentle characters.
The day went by fast but no minute was wasted. By 5:30pm, we were on our way back to Singapore. The kids were exhausted so it was a quiet trip home. By 7:30pm, all of us were back home safe and looking forward to our next trip to Rider's Lodge.
Alyanna had 2 sessions (an hour each) of horse riding. Keanu had a 30-minute trail ride, Simone and I had an hour each of traditional Malay (OMG!) massage,----plus good food and hospitable service. What more can I ask for for a day?
***The lower photos (except the one with the staff) were from August 2007***
Since our first visit there on August 2007, no month has passed that she never mentioned going back there. It's a good 1.5 hours drive from Singapore and getting there isn't difficult at all. You can hire a 6-seater van to pick you up from home for S$200 (round trip) or you can take the Express train.
I opted to hire a van like last time. My friend Simone and her daughter joined us so we shared the transportation and day room costs which turned out very reasonable. We were picked-up at 9am and by 9:40, we were already at the border of Malaysia. Immigration checks were done and after another hour of smooth driving, we were at the lodge. The kids were ecstatic as they saw the stables! We were then warmly welcomed by the Filipino staff and even our helper commented, "Ma'am I feel like in a province of the Philippines here"----honestly, I did too.
We all visited the horses and gave gentle touches and cuddling to those who wanted it. I gave extra hugs AND kisses to Impian (the horse I learned with on August) and the beautiful Golden Crown---such gentle characters.
The day went by fast but no minute was wasted. By 5:30pm, we were on our way back to Singapore. The kids were exhausted so it was a quiet trip home. By 7:30pm, all of us were back home safe and looking forward to our next trip to Rider's Lodge.
Alyanna had 2 sessions (an hour each) of horse riding. Keanu had a 30-minute trail ride, Simone and I had an hour each of traditional Malay (OMG!) massage,----plus good food and hospitable service. What more can I ask for for a day?
***The lower photos (except the one with the staff) were from August 2007***
8 comments:
I cant help but notice, pa sexy ka ng pa sexy ah. you look good!
and that is a fun way to spend the day, buti you were able to take some time off
Ang sarap naman! What a way to spend the day!!!
Agree with Girlie on the "sexy" comment hehe.
girlie and kumare, baka masanay ako sa comment na yan--pag di ko narinig--patay! bwahaha
i agree with them, you are looking good! i'm glad to see you're actively blogging again.
take care, always.
hi christine, thanks! nice to be back
hello sexy! I will avail of that trip next time I visit Singapore. Anong part ng Malaysia yan?
grabe, blooming na blooming ka ngayon justice! very inspiring...
ate marie, sobrang over the border from singapore. (johor bahru?) hehe di ako sure sorry...basta i know, it's 1.5 hrs from home.
des, oist nabuhay haha---kalito naman kayo, kung kelan pambahay porma ako sa kabayuhan eh "blooming at pretty" ang nakukuha kong comment bwahaha
Post a Comment