Saturday, May 26, 2007

What's In A Name (tag from Vanidosa)

When I first got pregnant, almost 2 decades ago (OMG!)...naming my child was the least of my concern. I was too busy remembering mine before my father calls me something else haha...

Before I expose more than I have to, let's get to the point:

REX JORDAN - the history of my son ending up with this name was because my father did not get the approval of my mom and I for the first name he really wanted to give: Yuri Vladimir! That sounds so mean, unfriendly and yeltsin-like. So, NO.

That time, Michael Jordan was in the peak of his fame and my dad adored him. He asked me what I thought about it and I found it a lot nicer than Vladimir.--We continued thinking of first names that would match and then dad snapped his fingers and said, "Rex"?---Mom and I looked at each other and said, finally, a name deserving of the child.

ALYANNA MONIQUE - my daughter's name was given by me. Of course, approved by her dad. I had her name in my mind since my first was born. I said that if I get a girl one day, she will be named"alyanna". A decade after, my wish came true.

Her second name was given by Rex. We couldn't decide between dominique or monique, but the choice of the king was the latter. We all liked the italian-french twist in it.

KEANU SEAN - it didn't take long to think about the little one's name. I guess we weren't that fickle anymore. Plus, knowing that we will have a boy, I gave A the honor. As long as it sounded good and wouldn't be mispronounced too often, I was fine with it.

Had Keanu become a girl, I would've named her: Kiara Estelle. (hm, perhaps the next?) haha

2 comments:

marie said...

Nice names! Go ahead bilisan mo pagsusugal para may Kiara Estelle na. Joke lang, take your time pag isipan mabuti.

Anonymous said...

aaach! wag seryosohin! magandang pamana sa apo na lang hahaha