Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A new beginning

17 Christmas Eves ago, I laid in bed cradling you in my arms. You were 10 days old---last year, you were cradling your girlfriend.

I am witness to how you have grown to become a loving and sweet young man. No one would ever believe that you could be one, given the macho image you've always shown and have built so hard. But it takes a sweet girl like 'T' to bend you and for that, I am proud of you. You have learned that loving someone doesn't require commanding but showing it and caring for her is more important. I continue to silently watch the two of you...
She is a very sweet girl. Full of dreams and aspirations. Graceful yet not flirtatious. She knows what she likes to be and works on getting it. I feel good that you complement each other in the simplest of ways. Her family accepts you almost as they would accept their own son. You are now in "the circle of trust"--it has been given openly and I hope you'd take care of it. This is your beginning and I can only wish that it goes a long way.

9 comments:

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

waaaaahhhhh! may girlfriend na si C1 and she's pretty

parang gilmore girls (except that C1 is a guy) ang relationship nyo mag-ina =)

Anonymous said...

ang sweet naman ni Mommy Justice for writing about C1 and T...

they look so good together :)

marie said...

Wow may girlfriend na si Rex and she's so pretty.

Anonymous said...

girlie, ha ha yeah. you should hear us argue, susmio! but those are spices of life right?

des, i really like T. mabait kasi. and yeah, they do look good together. protective ang binata ko ;-)

ate marie, yups!

linnor said...

Aw mommy Justice... time really flies... You handled this change quite gracefully, I hope I do the same when the time comes...

http://linnor.marikit.net/

justice said...

linnor,
it's actually weird that i accepted the change easily---i was problemizing about this part on my own at some point. (future monster-in-law) haha

Toni said...

C1's girlfriend is very pretty!! I hope she takes good care of him, and that he takes good care of her, too. Looks like you're handling this well! Galing naman ni mom!

Unknown said...

binata na ang baby mo!!! ibig sabihin, tumatanda na you?? lol just kidding! muwah!

Anonymous said...

toni, am trying my best to handle this phase well. i can only hope.

kumare, oo, tumatanda na TAYO bwahaha