It was February 25, 2007 when my mom finally won over cancer. It was the day she said goodbye...
Despite having a heavy heart, passing smiles helped me get through that day. Everyone walked---if it is to console, to relax or just be---it was to be remembered.
As the children sat on a huge log and the others made a pause to quench their thirst, I looked up and made this photo. It was just a matter of seconds before the feeling of tranquility left me and I was glad to have felt it. It was mom. She lived life to the best and fullest of her ability.
Despite having a heavy heart, passing smiles helped me get through that day. Everyone walked---if it is to console, to relax or just be---it was to be remembered.
As the children sat on a huge log and the others made a pause to quench their thirst, I looked up and made this photo. It was just a matter of seconds before the feeling of tranquility left me and I was glad to have felt it. It was mom. She lived life to the best and fullest of her ability.
Though Mom's departure was too soon, it did not come untimely. She used the borrowed time given to her to teach, give and show love in a special way. The strength, the will and the faith she had are inspirations to many--most of all to me and my family.
I am who I am because she continued to believe in me no matter what others say.
I will miss Mommy. Our talks, our discussions, our fights...everything that spiced-up our relationship. But one thing stays, I am her daughter and in me, she lives.
I love you Mommy Ganda...you gave justice to that title.
19 comments:
how nice to know ur back! sadly, i accidentally deleted my blog and girlie is working on it right now.
Atice, ako yan - ate marie
Welcome Back kumare....love this post...tumatagos sa buto...
I'm glad to see you back, Justice. We missed you...
ate marie, i hope magawaan ng way to get it back(?)
rhada, through my soul---believe me
des, am glad to be back myself :)
hi justice! i'm sorry to hear about your loss. was really shocked when ruth emailed us monday or tuesday kasi nung sunday when it happened, you still sent me a forwarded email. this post you wrote really shows how strong and full of wisdom you are. i think namana mo yun sa mommy mo based on your kwentos.
i'm glad you have a new blog. i was still checking husticia.com regularly , kinda sad na nawala yung blog mo. buti na lang you made a new one. when i read your blog kasi, it makes me feel na nandito ka pa rin sa germany. regards to the family. btw, did i tell you that daniel craig reminds me of A sobra! bond girl ka na pala ah :)
hi cosmicbear,
thanks for the kind words...i'll pass with the bond girl part--give them the justice they deserve ;)
glad to know you're back blogging again. when you get the chance let's meet up with leah. arrange tayo whether meet up sa house or elsewhere.. basta! :-)
take care.
christine, yeah sure. would love to do that and see Amelie again. ang laki na niya. :)
you're back! btw sana ok lang that i changed temporarily husticia.com to this new site para 1 click lang =)
keep blogging
hipmomma, this is a NEW site so ok na ok lang ;)
"God gave us memories so we can have roses in winter."
I will pray for your healing. *hugs* Take care, Justice!
toni, thank you. i envy mom for she will not hurt anymore...
ako nga din, i miss your mom, too, eh. :(
she's a woman to be missed talaga...
Sorry to hear of your loss. What a nice post to talk about your grief and letting go.
Great to have found your site again. I wondered whatever happened to Justice.
leah, letting go is always hard but to find the best way to do it will help those who are left behind.
Hello Justice
I was shocked and saddened when I read that your mom 'went home' (but the thought that's she's now with the Creator and what you've writen also gave a warm feeling) Now, she's just with you all the time, a marvelous angel looking after you.
(i stopped blogging for a while, that's why my late blog visit....hope u and the rest of your famil are doing well.)
thess, thanks but as I said, she's always WITH(in) me...nice that you passed by.
Post a Comment