Saturday, August 21, 2010

Different Strokes

After the vacation blues have passed, having the office to go to was a nice change to domestic living. I like being at home and with the family but apart from doing just that, I like to do something different.

In my two years with the company, the learning experience is appreciated. Investments and stocks have been the foundation of this firm but just recently, the third was formed. Properties. I had no clue whatsoever with stock trading and I'm not saying I'm a pro with it either. But little this and thats are good stepping stones to get the feel of it. The green and red numbers have more sense to me now. The graphs and lines that seemed like uneven heartbeats were no longer just lines but a signal to go, stop or contra. (The latter still something I'm confused with)

As for properties, well, I'm learning by doing. From OTP's (Option to purchase), loans, interest rates, taxes, valuations, insurances,---the works. Info overload but enough to keep me interested to learn more for future reference.

I'm thankful to have some more knowledge input. Additional work experience/s in one go that I can write on my CV should the time comes that I need to move on.

No comments: