Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baby Love

K: "Mommy, I'll tell you something but promise not to laugh because it's embarrassing ok?"
J: (earnestly thinks) "Ok, I promise."
A: OMG OMG and starts to squiggle around and contain her laughter as I stared at her not to tease the little one with whatever the topic was.
K: (with big eyes he contd) Mommy, you know what? In my English class, after the class, AnnaD told me when we were going out of the room that she "loves" me...
J: OMG I thought and almost burst into laughter but I remembered the promise so I said, "hmm, so what did you do? Did you run away? Did you say thank you? What? You can tell Mommy."
A: Yeah Keanu, what did you do anyway?
K: I didn't do anything. I just stood there and stared at her.
(His face and re-enactment on how he stood and stared was priceless; I wanted to laugh my heart out)
J: "Hey, you know what? That's nice of her to say that because I'm sure it wasn't easy but she wanted you to know so you should be happy but not mayabang (arrogant) ok?"
K: (tightened his lips, raised his brows and says) "but Mommy I'm still young so I don't know why she's saying that?"
geesh, think Mommy, think...a-ha!
J: "Because you're a very very lovable boy. So, tomorrow, still be nice to her and not mayabang ok? So come on, it's dinner time."

I told A when he got home and had a good laugh.

No comments: