I have a new job. This time literally a part-time position unlike the previous one I had. That position was only spelled correctly in the contract but I guess it meant differently to some people a.k.a. the female boss. Parting ways wasn't sweet but it wasn't something to grieve for either. I gained friends which was worth the year's stay.
The current job is different from what I'm used to. I don't deal with people everyday. I think this is what I need for now---no people to neither stress nor think of. The phone is more of a display on my desk than a must have--now that's new. The PC is my companion which I dearly appreciate. No debate. It does what I want it to do. Schedule is nice. Depending on the hours, 6 for five days or 7 for four. A week's notice just so I can arrange my domestic schedules as well.
The current job is different from what I'm used to. I don't deal with people everyday. I think this is what I need for now---no people to neither stress nor think of. The phone is more of a display on my desk than a must have--now that's new. The PC is my companion which I dearly appreciate. No debate. It does what I want it to do. Schedule is nice. Depending on the hours, 6 for five days or 7 for four. A week's notice just so I can arrange my domestic schedules as well.
The boss comes in around 10:30 in the morning, makes some calls, leaves for lunch at 12:30, comes back around 2 to just sign some stuff then leaves at 3:30-4. He's a nice man as far as my past week's work is concerned. My colleague who has been there for four years said that if he stays longer than 4:30 pm, she calls it overstaying. Most of the letters I see are from the highest ranking people of the island. Dinners, galas, charity balls and whatever events I usually just see in the magazines. He and his wife have their personal drivers and has a 33,000 square feet residence area. Who and what exactly he is (they are)...I don't know. None of my business. I come and go as well.
I just started less than a week ago so I can't say I'm enjoying it but at least, I'm not hating it. When I do, I'm not locked on a contract and just a three days notice in advance is required. Only shows that some people DO know the meaning of part time huh?
14 comments:
Congrats sa new job!
Ok yang three days notice a. :)
Hmmm, mukhang they're investing sa stocks a. Yon bang nilalaro lang nila yong pera, pero what they're buying is worth millions. Buy today, sell tomorrow baga. Maraming ganyan e. Pero kailangan may funds ka talaga. Gambling talaga, di lang nga sa casino. Hehehehe...
COngrats kumare! eto pala ang bagong ano mo hehehe. I bet you'll enjoy this job, bago pa lang eh iba na ang arrive (dating) hehe.
Ako naman, i enjoy my job kasi i get to deal with people. Tsaka babait ng mga kasamahan ko...sabi ko nga sa kanila, I work as if I get paid top dollars. lol
Congrats sa new job Atice, ! I hope mag enjoy ka.
sofie, thanks and mismo....legal gambling hehe
it's quite interesting learning new stuff though. i used to not understand the indexes and whatevers and now, medyo may mukha na hehe
kumare, it's new and totally different. so far ayos so i'll see how it progresses.
kaw nga, pa-limo-limo! eh ikaw ba'y nagta-trabaho talaga? bwahaha
hi ate marie, thank you. takes time to fall inlike kumbaga :-)
Congrats sa new job. Buti ka pa part time lang. Kami dito kahit gusto mag part time hindi afford.
Yaman naman boss mo.
thanks shiela, boss ko lang yumayaman, kami hinde :-)
Hello Justice!
Oks nga yang trabaho mo e. Sigurado marami kang matutunan.
Pag alam mo na yong galaw ng stocks, at sigurado ka, seguro, you might also try investing sa stocks. :) Yan ang duda ko. :)
When I was still in Manila, I was always checking that section sa newspapers. Gusto kong alamin yong galaw kasi may balak nga sana ako. I remember may nag-open, bago, sold at around 5 pesos per share yata yon. After a few days, tumaas hanggang more than 20 or 30 pesos yata per share. Di ako nag-invest, nagregret ako.
After a few years naman, yong Petron stocks, maganda yong movement, speculating lahat na tataas pa. Pero I did not invest pa rin, parang hindi ok e, feeling ko. Bumili isang friend ko. During that time maybe mga more than 25 pesos per share sya. After a few months, Grabe! Bumagsak! Worth less than 10 pesos na lang sya.
Yong 5 pesos na tumaas to more than 20, bumagsak rin. Pero kumita na yong iba na bumili at binenta rin kaagad. Millions kinita nila!
Pero ako, di na rin ako tumuloy na mag-invest pa sa stocks. :D Natakot! Hahaha...
Sa isip ko, kaya pag may funds talaga, buy today sell tomorrow will work. Talagang kikita sila dyan. Kahit sabihin pang 1 dollar lang yong kita mo per share afterwards, millions naman kasi ang pinag-uusapana e. :) Pero tutuo, still, it's a gamble talaga. Actually, basic lang alam ko. :)
Nagkaroon lang ng interes noon, pero ngayon, wala na. Walang datung! Hahaha...
hi sofie, susmio, ako ang natuto sa comment mo haha---true true nakaka-interest na pag-aralan and 'sugalan' pero dahil limited ang funds eh dapat medyo pakinggan ko ang aking kerbiyos hehe
but who knows sabi nga nila di ba?
hey jus, congrats on your new job gurl! tama yan, enjoy-enjoy ka lang. dapat lang 'no. -mina
mina, haha you evil evil you but what the heck---one life to live so live it!
wala ako masabi, kundi...
Pautang jus, haha
francesca, bawal mangutang ang donya!
Post a Comment