Saturday, April 14, 2007

Touring KL

Although seeing a city in two days isn't really the best way, I have managed to see little bits and pieces of KL's touristic places. Either from the comfort of a cab and the detailed descriptions of the drivers or under the heat of the sun, --I took every opportunity that I had.

Seeing the city of KL is like going through a time warp. Modern skyscrapers stand side-by-side to old-fashion shop houses or nouvelle cuisine to hawker stalls. To fanatical shoppers, KL is wonderland. From designer shops and brands to the made-in-Malaysia items, the competition between merchants are a blessing in disguise to consumers.

During my visit, I had two attempts to see the Petronas Towers but twice I failed. The amateur lone tourist in me wasn't wise enough to ask the visiting hours before going. I did, however, get to pass by "The Istana Negara", the King's Palace and take some photos 'outside'. From there, I checked out the Lake Gardens. Made a walk through the park until I reached the Hibiscus garden (a small terraced garden which provides a colorful panorama of countless varieties of this flower)

Touring alone was a new experience but I actually find it quite enjoyable. My pace, my time, my choice of place =)

5 comments:

marie said...

ang konti naman ng pics, bitin! Anyway at least you had a break.

Unknown said...

nothing wrong with "me time". gives you time to reflect and enjoy the beauty of life.

wala na ba ibang pics? hehe

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

malapit lang naman malaysia dyan, madaling balikan.

Anonymous said...

ate marie and kumare, ka-de-demanding ng audience hahaha sandali po.

girlie, yeah. babalik-babalik...

marie said...

pssst.... mukhang hiatus ka na naman, Hoper you're fine.